Genie Community Forum

Almond and Discourse

Is there any existing integration of Almond to Discourse?
Even in form of chat window / Theme Component?

Thanks!

One more question @gcampax - as far as I see Discourse API is not on Thingpedia yet?
Probably I will try to help with that when I will understand more about the system.
Thanks!

Hi @orion.bytes, welcome to the forum!

In what direction are you asking for integration? Is this about querying and posting to Discourse from Almond (in voice), or about having a chat window that shows Almond inside a Discourse instance?

Thank you @gcampax!
Both directions are interesting.
In fact we are doing one specialized community and I’m interested to use Almond as a virtual assistant that will be able to answer questions using information from community Knowledge Base (discourse “Wiki” analogue) and do some bookings/actions on many external sites.

I’m reading through the Almond documentation - project looks really interesting! Will be glad to help where I can.

1 Like

Sounds awesome! If you want to learn more about how to use Genie (Almond’s conversational tech) to query knowledge bases, I would suggest looking at the Genie “starter tutorials” at https://github.com/stanford-oval/genie-toolkit/tree/master/starter. The “wikidata” and “schemaorg” ones should be relevant in particular.

Hope this helps!

1 Like