Genie Community Forum

Can we help Venture Capitalists invest in this?

Hi there,

In the last 12 years, I have been involved in multiple startups in Canadian Media. And as the ex-COO of Narcity Canada, I know how long it can take to do some basic due diligence to either double-check a press release or to know if you should move forward with a partnership.

So I was thinking we could have Almond check sites like linkedin, apollo and crunchbase to answer simple questions sometimes google has a hard time answering, like: who is Giovanni Campagna @gcampax. (even though you have a good profile, most don’t, yet with a thorough search they could)

I am asking here because I wasn’t able to find a direct answer elsewhere.

Should I pursue this?

Hi Adrian (and Melissa),

Thanks for your interest in Almond!

I’m not 100% sure what you are suggesting, but if you’re suggesting building a skill to search LinkedIn using voice, I think it would be very valuable!

We had previously built a basic LinkedIn skill, but we had to shut it down when LinkedIn removed their API. At the same time, in a research setting, we have shown our tech can answer linkedin-style questions with very good accuracy. Check out our paper at [2001.05609] Schema2QA: High-Quality and Low-Cost Q&A Agents for the Structured Web and the current leaderboard on the Schema2QA dataset: Stanford Schema2QA Dataset | Schema2QA 2.0

If you’re interested in pursuing this, I would be very happy to give you more resources to get started, and we can also talk more about other opportunities for collaboration!

Best,

Giovanni