Genie Community Forum

Docker file or Docker Compose

Hello All,

I would like to setup Almond&NLP initially and then maybe later add in the fully custom Thingpedia to do more development once I have had a chance to experiment with Almond a bit.

With this in mind, I was wondering if there is a Dockerfile for Docker compose file setup anywhere that I might be able to use to bring up Almond?

Cheers,
Lonnie

Hi Lonnie!
Welcome to the community.

I am afraid we don’t have Dockerfiles, our own deployment is on bare metal (bare VM) with systemd services.
I don’t know enough docker to write one, but if you do and you want to contribute the Dockerfile upstream, I’ll be happy to help you.
I think the main limitation is filesystem access, which needs to be setup in a specific way between the training and NLP server. Other than that, services are pretty much self-contained if you use TCP for communication.

Also, I assume you have found our guide to set up Almond?

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I actually did previously find the guide to setup Almond and have been working with it, but had some issues along the way on my Ubuntu 18.04 and will be giving it another go soon. Once I can get a clean install then perhaps I can see about setting up a Docker file.