Genie Community Forum

Easiest way to Upgrade to Almond 2.0

Hi Folks:

I would like to install Almond 2.0 alpha locally? What is the easiest way to do this without disturbing my current installation?

It also seems I needed to create an Almond 2.0 account. I think it would help that the web page state one is in Almond 2.0

Perhaps this is the wrong place but I get an “Missing OAuth Client in Manifest” when I try to configure the home assistant.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Andrew

Hi!

If you have a Home Assistant, the recommended way is to install Almond 2.0 is to configure our add-on repository, which is at GitHub - stanford-oval/almond-hassio-repository.
You can go into the Supervisor tab, click on Add-on Store, then click on the dot-dot-dot menu at the top-right, “Repositories”, and add the new repository. You will see “Almond - Edge”, which is the Alpha version. You must disable the existing Almond as well as Ada when you install the new Almond.

Alternatively, you can install almond-server locally, either manually or with docker. Follow the readme for details. Then you can point Home Assistant to your configured almond-server in the configuration.yaml. See the Home Assistant docs for details of the last part.

If you’re looking for Web Almond, you can make a new account at https://dev.almond.stanford.edu. It is a separate account from the stable version of Almond, and it will not affect your existing account.
At the moment, you cannot link Web Almond with Home Assistant, because you need a developer account in Web Almond, which is not available in our Alpha instance.

Hi Giovanni:

Thanks for the answer. I do run almond-server locally. Since I am using a local installation of genie, I don’t use Docker.

Cheers,
Andrew

Ok, if you run almond-server with a local install, and you’re running on the master branch, you’re already on Almond 2.0!