Genie Community Forum

Genie Client does not audibly list options

I have Genie Server running in Home Assistant VM with a Genie Client on RPi4. Communication between devices is working, I can speak a command on Client that gets executed on Server, and if there is no problem I get a valid audible response from the Client. e.g.

CLIENT SAY: Hey Genie, tell me a joke
CLIENT HEAR: <The joke>
[Works correctly]

Problem occurs when Genie Server has multiple response options. I do not hear the options on the Genie Client Raspberry Pi 4 device. In my case, where I have 3 Studio lights (Main. Dinning, Bed):

CLIENT SAY: Hey Genie, turn off studio lights. 
CLIENT HEAR: You have multiple studio light devices. Which one do you want to use?

I don’t hear the options on the Client device. So I don’t know what I should say to control the device.

I can say more direct commands which work:

CLIENT SAY: Turn off studio dinning light
CLIENT HEAR: I shut down the lights
[This works correctly]

So the question is how can I hear the options of the Studio Lights?

That is the correct behavior, the system suppose you know the name of the devices (as also other voice assistants does), and also because think having 10 lights with long names, before issue the command then you will need to wait the system reading to you all 10 names.

Said so, that doesn’t mean that this couldn’t be introduced as an option with a selectable option in setup, so to listing by voice multiple choices