Genie Community Forum

Shall I integrate Almond with a B2B data analytics application?

Greeting!
I work for Sisense, a Data Analytics platform provider, and my team is developing an interface to virtual assistants like Alexa (allowing customers to operate the system by talking to their VA).
I heard about you all at the last ACL, and I have some questions:

• Do you think it makes sense for us to invest in Almond too?
    more specifically:
  • How many ppl (tech employees) are (likely to be) using almond, or will be in the next few years?
  • What kind of devices do these potential consumers use to talk/type to Almond?
  • Would interfacing Almond with a B2B product like Sisense help promote your vision for this project?

I looked around but couldn’t find clear answers myself.
tnx in advance!
Amnon

Hi @talktome, thanks for your interested in Almond!

We’re always very interested in potential partnerships with the industry, and we hope that you will find our open-source project valuable.
We have received funding from Sloan to build a consumer-grade virtual assistant, with a first stable release around Q3 2021. Once that is out, we’ll expect a growing community of users who are interested in privacy.
We envision that in a few years there will be a large ecosystem built around our open-source tools for conversational AI. Some companies in the ecosystem will be marking HW directly to consumer, in the form of smart speakers or integrations with existing IoTs (cars, smart home solutions, etc.). Some companies will be using the conversational AI tech in their customer relationships. Some companies will be providing B2B services as well.
All in all, I think we’re really interested in starting and growing this open-source community, and anyone who shares our vision of open linguistic web is welcome to join. Perhaps we should talk more directly?

great stuff.
you can hit me up at amnon.lotan@sisense.com