Genie Community Forum

Tutorial: Integrating Almond with Home Assistant

Kiril Peyanski (a community member!) has made a video tutorial about running Almond with Home Assistant:

This might be useful to anyone who’s an Home Assistant user!

1 Like

Thank you Giovanni :slight_smile:

I’m Kiril and if you have any questions about the Video or Home Assistant - let me know. I will try to answer you.

Keep up the good work, guys.

1 Like

I’ve just installed Almond (stable 2.0.1-1) (and Genie-edge-a2c9c1b) as HA integrations. when I go into the conversation page in the webUI I get a “Lost connection to the server” message. (running HA on a VM and have NGINX addon enabled)
also, as my HA is running on a server in the basement, can I use Almond/Genie on my Fire tablet running HA on a Fully Kiosk?

Hi @shidlo,

Welcome to the community.

You should only install one of either Almond or Genie.
As for the error, I’m not sure. I don’t know what you mean by the NGINX addon. Is this a Supervised installation or Home Assistant OS? It’s quite possible that extra layers of reverse proxying cause authentication problems.

If you run Home Assistant on a server, you can connect a Genie client to the Genie running in Home Assistant. The Genie client is a C++ app that runs on Linux, suitable for Pi or similar embedded hardware. We don’t have a mobile (Android or iOS) client at the moment. Maybe the community will help build one!

Hope this helps,