Genie Community Forum

Almond or some sort of almond agent on android?

So I saw there was an almond android project that was archived, I think it was the whole client if I understand correctly. Are their plans for an android agent that connects to almond to act as a remote voice interface? Projects like Rhasspy/Sepia/kalliope/(and looks like others as well), seem to have mechanisms that maybe could be tied to Almond with some effort through an android app, but I thought I would check if there were any official plans for something like that?

Hi!

What you suggest is quite interesting, and definitely something we would love to have in the future, but a at moment, we don’t have yet plans to build the app ourselves, due to a lack of resources.

If you, or anyone in the community, would like to help us build it, it would be awesome. API documentation is available on the wiki, and the API should be sufficient to build a thin client against a real Almond running in Home Assistant or in the cloud.

Everything I wanted in a home automation system and then some. The platform of customer support is top tier! My only complaint is that there’s no option to activate a scene when a physical smart switch is turned on. Each item must be ad
ded under rules individually.
My Almond router (purchased 7/18) is paired with a TP-Link modem. super fast. I am very pleased with their product. I just had a frustrating reset problem with my Almond router. Like most of my problems, it occurred just before tech closed for the weekend. Still, the response from the Securifi tech team was impressive! I received several emails from them assuring me that they would stay on top of this until my problem was corrected. It was