Genie Community Forum

Install Almond on a Odroid C2 (armv8) system

Hi,

I have made the attempt to install Almond on my Odroid C2 system following the staps in https://github.com/stanford-oval/almond-cloud/blob/master/doc/installing-almond-cloud.md. But unfortunately there are no cvc4 binaries for armv8/aarch64, does anyone have a solution for this?

Kind regards

Hi dean,

cvc4 is built for many distros (incl. Fedora 29 and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS), and will work out of the box.
You can also build it from stratch. For example you can look at the build instructions in our Flatpak for Almond Desktop. (The flatpak is not available on aarch64 due to tensorflow not building there, not because of cvc4).

This said, almond-cloud, as the name suggests, is designed to be run on a cloud platform and serve many users. For most personal use cases almond-server is more suitable and also most portable, although not as well maintained.

Thanks. I already attempted to build cvc4 manually, but no luck yet. I’ll have a look at installing almond-server, that seems to be a better fit indeed.

If you tried building cvc4, try version 1.6. 1.6 uses automake, while 1.7 uses cmake, and from experience I found 1.6 is easier to build.