Genie Community Forum

Need some help with: Installing Genie in Home Assistant as third party Add-on

I run home assistant in its own VM behind a reverse proxy which terminates HTTPS. All other addons are working just fine. I configured the Genie Addon with the input and output devices.

I followed these instructions to the T: Installing Genie in Home Assistant as third party Add-on | Genie Wiki but the result is that when I visit the Genie - Edge panel I get: Installing Genie in Home Assistant as third party Add-on | Genie Wiki

OK, I narrowed the problem down a bit. If I access Genie via the internal IP instead of via FQDN it seems to work. No idea where the problem lies though.

I’m running into the same issue here. I’m running HA behind a reverse proxy, and if I connect directly to the server and not through the proxy it works just fine. Have you had any luck with your install? I’m wondering how much I care b/c I can just connect up the clients to the direct IP and hopefully not run into any issues.

I haven’t had time to worry about this issue as I am still facing others :slight_smile:
For now, Genie can hear me and replies in written but I can’t hear the audio output. Still struggling with that before I look into this issue again.

By the way, for anyone who wants to help debug this, in the past similar issues had to do with how the origin and host header are forwarded by the various proxy headers. Genie checks that the Origin and Host headers match for security reasons.