Genie Community Forum

Pa_simple_new() error on HA with Genie edge-3fb172d

I installed the Genie Edge Addon in Home Assistant (running version edge-3fb172d) and left the configuration on default. After starting, I see the following error:

** Message: 17:10:05.380: Loading picovoice model from /usr/local/lib/genie-client/assets/porcupine_params.pv
** Message: 17:10:05.380: Loading wakeword from /usr/local/lib/genie-client/assets/hey-genie/keyword_raspberry-pi.ppn
Initialized wakeword engine, frame length 512, sample rate 16000
** (genie-client:634): ERROR **: 17:10:05.391: pa_simple_new() failed: No such entity
genie-client exited with signal SIGTRAP

I have no speaker or mic connected to my Raspberry Pi that runs HA, as I was hoping to use this as an actual server and have multiple clients (hardware t.b.d, for now raspberry pi based) deployed around the house that will actually have a speaker and mic.
Am I doing something wrong here? I would assume a server install does not need a mic/speaker connected…

The error is for the client that is autospawned in the same container as the server. Ignoring the error, does the server run?

thanks for responding! the server does not seem to run, at least, I think so. Not entirely sure how to check, but if I use the HA add-on I get:

Lost connection with server

in the ‘Chat with Genie’ window.

Do you have the nginx add-on enabled? That’s known to cause issues with the Genie web interface that we haven’t managed to solve yet, but if the web interface is available at all it means the server is running.

I do have the NGINX Home Assistant SSL proxy addon running as well. Is there any alternative way I can access the web UI so I can test the server without setting up a full client?

Can you try accessing Home Assistant directly by IP address, bypassing the ngnix proxy? That should give you a working web interface.

1 Like

thanks, that worked!