Genie Community Forum

Satellite with home assistant not connecting

Hi there

Followed the set up guide and installed a client on a spare pi and created a long lived access token in Home Assistant but it fails to connect I get these errors below in the console any ideas as to why this would be ?

Both are on the same subnet and I can ping HA from the PI
Ive tried restarting both HA and the client but to no avail
Tried both the stable in pre release of Genie from the plugins store
and tried multiple access tokens

all to no avail

(genie-client:966): genie::conversation::Client-WARNING **: 00:45:48.508: Failed to get access token from Home Assistant: (null)
genie::conversation::Client-Message: 00:45:48.510: Sent access token request to Home Assistant, got HTTP 6

(genie-client:966): genie::conversation::Client-WARNING **: 00:45:48.510: Failed to get access token from Home Assistant: (null)
genie::conversation::Client-Message: 00:45:51.512: Requesting Home Assistant session token from

Hi, I’m in the team working on the Home Assistant integration. To give you the right support please tell us which version of HA and which kind of installation (core, docker, etc.), and if please could you post the part of config.ini related to this topic

thanks

hi there

Thanks for getting back to me so quick
I have have 2021.12.10 installed inside Proxmox 7 its was originally installed on Proxmox 6 using the install from here

Where is the config.ini file located ?

Let’s step back a bit, and let me recap.

So you have a server with an HA VM on top, and inside the Genie add-on (the stable I suppose). Then another hardware (the spare PI, which version?) with Genie Client.

Right?

Yes I have HA in the VM in proxmox and installed the add-on inside this tried both Genie edge and the pre-release version. Get the same results for both

Put Genie client on a spare raspberry pi 3 running the latest 32bit version of raspberry pi OS

Created a long lived access token in HA for the client

I got this going at the weekend by using my nebu casa url rather then internal
not sure why it makes a difference

Home Assistant should not be null here. Did you complete Genie Configuration on satellite IP using port 8000?
Were your setting in format?

URL: ws://<HASS_SERVER_IP>:8123/api/hassio_ingress/<UNIQUE_ID>/api/conversation
Authentication Mode: Home Assistant
Access Token: <LONG_LIVED_ACCESS_TOKEN>
Conversation ID: genie-client

You might have a firewall rule on your local router that is blocking LAN communication on port 8123 between clients. This rule probably does not apply to WAN traffic. So your WAN nebula casa URL works. You have it working, which is great, but know that with Nebula Casa URL all traffic from satellite is going to internet and back to LAN.

You can test LAN connection on satellite CLI:

nc -z -v <HASS_SERVER_IP> 8123

Which should reply:

Connection to <HASS_SERVER_IP> 8123 port [tcp/*] succeeded!

I’m have the same problem. Everything with Genie-client on my Raspberrypi communicating to my HA genie VM server was working correctly until I installed DuckDNS and Let’s encrypt so as to enable Home Assistant Cast (required to cast custom dashboards to chromcast devices).
I regenerated the long access token and changed the Genie client URL to wss://…

Genie-client systemctl status:
Failed to get access token from Home Assistant: (null)
Requesting Home Assistant session token from https://homeassistant:8123/api/hassio/ingress/session
Sent access token request to Home Assistant, got HTTP 6

Any troubleshooting suggestions?

Figured it out, the network configuration on my machine was configured wrong

How about if I’m running Home Assistant Core on Docker? The LAN connection for my HA instance returned succeeded, but I’m getting the error that it’s unable to grab my token. URL (api/hassio/…) includes hassio, which I’m not running, returns “got HTTP 4.”

@moderators any thoughts on this?