Genie Community Forum

Spotify Error - HTTP 400 after Authorization

I install Genie after a bit of research as to what worked best with Home Assistant and looking for a DIY solution. The most important Skill for me is Spotify. Genie seems to be working great for controlling my Home Assistant Entities. Love the out-of-the-box way it works.

Adding Spotify seemed pretty straight forward but after I’m redirected to Spotify to Authorize Almond/Genie it returns to the Genie portal and gives me a 400 error as show below. I’m also getting a 400 in the dev console for the com.spotify?code=blahblahblah request.

Has anyone got the Spotify Skill working? Has anyone seen this error? Appreciate any and all help! :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks!

This typically indicates a configuration issue with the redirect URI in Spotify, but I cannot reproduce it. What version of Genie is this? Is it the add-on (edge, beta), or the cloud version (dev, stable)?

@gcampax - Nice to meet you! Great presentation at the HA State of the Open Home.

That was my suspicion as well (I’ve tinkered with Spotify’s API before on some personal projects). I followed the guide here: Installing Genie in Home Assistant as third party Add-on | Genie Wiki

The version I have installed is shown below. I believe I’m on a pre-release branch? I’d use the stable release, but it does not appear for me in the official repositories. (Not sure why, but I did notice another user reporting this on a forum as well.) I’m not certain of your release cycle, but on teams I lead, typically pre-release is as close to prod as possible. Edge sounds more like a dev branch and thus less stable. However, I’m willing to install whatever version will work best! (Note: I’m also willing to beta test if the team is in need of that, I’d just like to have a stable version to switch back to when necessary. :slightly_smiling_face: )

What other details can I provide?
Home Assistant Version: 2021.12.8
Supervisor Version: supervisor-2021.12.2